Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

WHEN???

My most recent T-count & viral loads are 154 and 36,000.

I was diagnosed 10 years ago. T-cells have never been lower. Currently on Crixivan,Viracept & Zerit. Developed K.S. 3 years ago (skin lesions only,legs and arms only).

I have been on so many different medications and so many

treatments over this 10 year period. My question is, is it okay to stop all treatments and let nature take its course.

The constant fatigue and side effects of the drugs make me very leery of trying anything new.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Only you can decide when "enough is enough"-- neither I nor your doctor can do that for you. But let me suggest that you have HIV resistance testing done to see if there is a more tolerable combination of drugs that would work for you. And we are constantly testing new drugs that are fewer pills and have less side effects, so don't give up hope.

Videx destroying inner ear?
crixivan and blockage in the testicals?