|Videx destroying inner ear?
Mar 22, 2000
My doctor says that the Videx that I am taking is distroying my left side inner ear. My equalibriam is off and always feels really plugged. What do you know about Videx?
Thank you Don
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I don't think that your doctor is correct. Videx (ddI) can cause nerve damage, but that happens to the longest nerves in the body, the ones that go to the feet, and occasionally, the ones that go to the hands. Besides, if your problem were drug-induced, it should affect both ears equally. Try seeing an ear, nose & throat doctor. You may have something as simple as an ear infection causing the loss of equilibrium, or it may be something more serious than that.
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- How Does Hydrogen Peroxide Cure Vaginal Infections?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.