Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Videx destroying inner ear?

My doctor says that the Videx that I am taking is distroying my left side inner ear. My equalibriam is off and always feels really plugged. What do you know about Videx?

Thank you Don

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I don't think that your doctor is correct. Videx (ddI) can cause nerve damage, but that happens to the longest nerves in the body, the ones that go to the feet, and occasionally, the ones that go to the hands. Besides, if your problem were drug-induced, it should affect both ears equally. Try seeing an ear, nose & throat doctor. You may have something as simple as an ear infection causing the loss of equilibrium, or it may be something more serious than that.

Hot Flashes
WHEN???