Apr 17, 2000
dear dr. feinberg,
i have recently noticed a hard lump an inch in diameter, in the the muscle of the arch in my foot. could this be cancerous? are there links between aids and tumors?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
There are links between AIDS and certain kinds of tumors, but it's not clear to me that your hard lump is a tumor. It may well be a plantar (sole of the foot) wart. You should see a competent foot doctor (podiatrist) and find out what the problem is for sure.
- Condom Effectiveness Against Hiv In Homosexuals
- Does Hiv Cause Sensitive Skin?
- Should I Get An Hiv Test After Having Sex With One Girl?
- Supplements To Fight Cytomegalovirus
- Will Gonorrhea Go Away After You Get A Shot?
- What's The Difference Between Bacterial Vaginosis And Yeast Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.