|living with little or no T-cells?
Mar 1, 1999
how come I don't get sick with all the things others have gotton sick with. I have been living with as few as 8, eight t-cells and a high viral load for some time now, I've also had hiv from at least 1979 to now. could it be I don't progress in some ways like the non progressor's.is there anyone doing a study on people like me?thanks.
Response from Dr. Currier
Generally people do begin to experience HIV related symptoms when the T cells drop, especially when they go below 50. Most non-progressors maintain their T cell count. You must have some elements of your immune system that are keeping you healthy. I hope this continues to last. I am sorry that i do not know of any studies of people with low T cells, you may want to call 1-800-TRIALS A
Multipal Infections and Progression
- Black Spots Could I Have HIV
- Is Itchy Scrotum An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Sex With A Prostitute?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.