Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy

I was recently told by a client of their dx of PML. In the early days I remember clients who died within 6 months. Although their is no effective treatment, at least nothing that wouldn't cause other deadly side effects, are we talking about the same timeline towards death or are the client's chances of living longer because of HAART?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Some patients have had remarkable responses to HAART alone, and that should be the first approach. Cidofovir (approved for CMV) is being used on an experimental basis as well.

recovery from pml
PML A year later and we're still here