|PML(JC's virus) treatment
Jan 19, 2000
What are the most recent experimental drug treatments for patients with PML and what are the success rates?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The drug currently being tested is called cidofovir. It is approved for use in CMV retinitis, but is experimental for PML. The study is still ongoing, so it's not yet known whether it is useful for PML or not.
OTHER BRAIN INFECTIONS
Can you tell me what PML
- If I Have Ars Will I Have Sore Throat?
- Is Chest Cold An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Burning Penis After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep B With A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.