Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

PML SYMPTOMS

I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH PML 1 YEAR AGO. TWO WEEKS AGO I HAD A BRAIN BIOPSY TO CONFIRM THIS. THE REASON WAS BECAUSE MY SYMPTOMS WERE NOT FOLLOWING NORMAL PML SYMPTOMS. AND MY MRI'S WERE SHOWING AN ENHANCED LESION. SO FAR THE ONLY TEST TO COME BACK WERE NEG. FOR LYMPHOMA, AND NEG. FOR FUNGAL. THE SYMPTOMS IN QUESTION ARE SEVERE TONE IN MY LEFT ARM. WHICH IS FINE WHEN I'M RELAXED, BUT TIGHTEN WHEN I GET NERVOUS OR USE MY RIGHT ARM. ALSO SEVERE TONE IN MY LEFT FOOT, WHICH ACTS UP FOR THE SAME REASONS. IT'S ALMOST SIMILAR TO MS,HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THIS IN PML PATIENTS YOU'VE WORKED WITH. ANOTHER NOTE I'VE BEEN ON CIDOFOVIR TREATMENTS SINCE JULY, AND HAART THERAPY.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I have seen increased tone in some patients that were thought to have PML, although it is not the most common finding. If you have a demyelinating disease, such as MS, as well, that should show up in the biopsy.

Peptide-T
PML DISEASE