Mar 1, 2000
I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH PML 1 YEAR AGO. TWO WEEKS AGO I HAD A BRAIN BIOPSY TO CONFIRM THIS. THE REASON WAS BECAUSE MY SYMPTOMS WERE NOT FOLLOWING NORMAL PML SYMPTOMS. AND MY MRI'S WERE SHOWING AN ENHANCED LESION. SO FAR THE ONLY TEST TO COME BACK WERE NEG. FOR LYMPHOMA, AND NEG. FOR FUNGAL. THE SYMPTOMS IN QUESTION ARE SEVERE TONE IN MY LEFT ARM. WHICH IS FINE WHEN I'M RELAXED, BUT TIGHTEN WHEN I GET NERVOUS OR USE MY RIGHT ARM. ALSO SEVERE TONE IN MY LEFT FOOT, WHICH ACTS UP FOR THE SAME REASONS. IT'S ALMOST SIMILAR TO MS,HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THIS IN PML PATIENTS YOU'VE WORKED WITH. ANOTHER NOTE I'VE BEEN ON CIDOFOVIR TREATMENTS SINCE JULY, AND HAART THERAPY.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I have seen increased tone in some patients that were thought to have PML, although it is not the most common finding. If you have a demyelinating disease, such as MS, as well, that should show up in the biopsy.
- Coated Tongue After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.