Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

UPDATE ON CASE

I saw my neurologist today and the swelling has decreased significantly, and the abscess has shrunk too. He feels that the HAART therapy is what is doing the job. My functioning is getting better slowly, and even though I may never get it back 100%, there is no saying how far it will improve. He is sending me back to physical therapy also. I feel very optimistic.

By the way, the steroids were stopped 3 days after they were started due to severe side effects. I'll keep you updated on my progress.

Response from Dr. Tebas

Thanks for the encouraging news -- that's great! Good luck with PT.

dispnea in a patient with AIDS
PML Recovery (?)