|Is it OK for PWAs to visit PWAs in Hospital with PCP
Dec 16, 1999
I am a Ryan White Coordinator and several PWAs told me that they have been advised against visiting a close friend of theirs in the hospital with PCP because it is contagious and they might acquire PCP from visiting. Is this correct?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Clusters of PCP (outbreaks related in space and time) have been described, but are rare, so it is very unlikely that a PWA would get PCP from visiting a sick friend. However, if they are anxious about it, they can ask the hospital staff for a disposable face mask to wear while they're in the room, or they can avoid potential exposure altogether by not visiting. Personally, I think it's not necessary to avoid visiting a friend with PCP, but each person has their own threhold for anxiety, even when something is highly unlikely.
Infections and treatment while HIV positive
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute
- Painful Urination After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can An Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause White Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.