Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Pneumocystis carinii

Dr. Feinberg,

I just had bio dermal screening done and it mentioned that I had pneumocystis carinii in the bladder region which they told me was a parasite. I was told if I took wormwood that it would go away. I am reading that this is mostly associated with AIDS. I am not HIV positive as i donated blood and was tested. Is there some kind of a test that confirms this? Thank you for your time.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

i must confess that I don't know what "biodermal screening" is, but Pneumocystis does not occur in the bladder region, whether you're HIV+ or not. I'd advise to you get some confirmation of the diagnosis you were given. Wormwood is not a treatment for Pneumocystis infection.

Bactrim?
Prophylaxis Regime