Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Worried And Wondering About
Dec 20, 1999

Hello Dr. Feinburg. My name is XX and I'm a 16 year old girl from Kentucky. Recently someone very important to me, YY, became infected in what she was told a "Staff infection". Not only is Theresa my only 34-year old friend, she is also the mother of my boyfriend, who I have been dating for almost two years now. We're both very worried about Theresa, and I feel it's my duty to gather all the information I can on this disease. I've tried and tried to research information on the internet and in encyclopedias, but to no avail. Maybe I'm loking under the wrong name, or under the wrong sites. In any case, ANY information you can give me would be a humongous help and I'll be forever grateful. Thank you so much fro taking the time to read my request.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

You are looking for "Staff" infection and what you need to find is "Staph", short for Staphylococcus aureus. This is a common bacterium found on the skin which can cause both mild and serious infections, depending on where it winds up in the body. This should give you the headstart you need to find out more.

Previous
Ear fluid buildup in slow progressor
Next
Rheumatoid Arthritis and Hiv

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.