Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Worried And Wondering About

Hello Dr. Feinburg. My name is XX and I'm a 16 year old girl from Kentucky. Recently someone very important to me, YY, became infected in what she was told a "Staff infection". Not only is Theresa my only 34-year old friend, she is also the mother of my boyfriend, who I have been dating for almost two years now. We're both very worried about Theresa, and I feel it's my duty to gather all the information I can on this disease. I've tried and tried to research information on the internet and in encyclopedias, but to no avail. Maybe I'm loking under the wrong name, or under the wrong sites. In any case, ANY information you can give me would be a humongous help and I'll be forever grateful. Thank you so much fro taking the time to read my request.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

You are looking for "Staff" infection and what you need to find is "Staph", short for Staphylococcus aureus. This is a common bacterium found on the skin which can cause both mild and serious infections, depending on where it winds up in the body. This should give you the headstart you need to find out more.

Ear fluid buildup in slow progressor
Rheumatoid Arthritis and Hiv