Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Headaches

Dear doctor, I was wondering what could be the cause of excruciating pains in the head, infected for 13 years, high viral load and low T-cells, any suggestions appreciated.

Please respond this is the third time I am writing regarding this.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It's not possible to determine what the cause of your headaches is-- with low T cells, many things are possible. Also, you could have something like migraines which are not associated with HIV. You should see a doctor promptly for a history and physical, and possibly diagnostic tests such as a CT or MRI scan of your head and a spinal tap to find out what's causing these severe headaches.

Misquito Bites and HIV Therapy
Scared