Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Need some info

Dear doctor I have just been Diagnosed With HIV,by the Elisa/WB,And the transmission from the girl to me happened 4 months ago we are sure.I am VERY Worried,I am Also Infected with a Medium-Severe case of CFS,And I had a Very severe case of ARS,and seroconverted fast.I had heard some people talking that CFS Damages the immune system like HIV thus both of them together would more than likely kill me very fast and I wouldn't even see more than 5 years at most.This is very scary,I CAN afford the best of treatments available,And Even with my CFS and headaches And sore throats I CAN still get out and exercise IF needed.Is there anyway with treatment even living with both diseases I could see further than 10 years or better??I have never heard of CFS killing people But I'm worried from what I read on http://www.cfs-news.org/faq.htm I'm very worried could u shed some light on this please??Nobody else on the Body will answer my question PLEASE HELP!

Response from Dr. Feinberg

You may not believe this, but I don't know what the acronym "CFS" stands for. If you could translate that for me, maybe I could give you some assistance. By the way, there are many experts who believe that treating HIV as soon as possible after you get it helps your immune system stay strong. Before you get all freaked out, find a doctor in your area who's experienced with treating acute (new) HIV.

opportunistic infections and IGIV
What can be detected or seen in x-ray