Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

hiv poz male, treating hiv and ADD

I am a healthy 36 yr old poz male, have finally been treated for my ADD as well. Have been put on adderal. My question is, will the mild stimulant adderal effect my health badly? So far it has improved my mental state and of course my energy. The problem is I am hiding from my shrink that I am poz, and hiding from my doc that I am on adderal...your comments?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I have patients who are both HIV+ and have ADD and are doing fine on medications for both. I recommend you tell your doctors the full truth, because there may be drug interactions or side effects that they can't figure out without the whole story. I have no experience with adderal -- mostly we use Ritalin or dexedrine. It is possible to control both problems: 'fess up to your doctors so they have the whole picture.

Vacuolar Myelopathy
Perianal ulcers and fistulae