Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Vacuolar Myelopathy

I have this condition no one seems to know much about it. I use a wheelchair at the age of only 32. Can you look into this for me please.

Thank you,

Russell

Response from Dr. Feinberg

This is an AIDS-associated disease of the spinal cord. I'm not aware that there is anything specific that can be done about it, other than to suppress HIV as much as possible by taking potent combination HIV drugs. If you haven't seen a neurologist experienced in AIDS, I suggest you do so in case there are new developments in this area that I am unaware of. Good luck!

ITP-Idiopathic Thrombocytopenia purpura
hiv poz male, treating hiv and ADD