Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

FUSION INHIBITORS?

In the news internationally a few weeks ago, was a report on Fusion Inhibitors, and that they are thought to be very promising, and should be available soon. It was reported that they are the most successful treatment to date available. Of course this interests me, I am currently on Saquinivir, AZT, and 3TC, and have been for 3 years, and am doing well, but am worried that if I become resistant to these drugs, will I be a candidate for new ones? If you have any information on Fusion Inhibitors I would greatly appreciate hearing about them, and any other positive drug results coming soon. Thank you sincerely, in Canada.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Fusion inhibitors are being tested in clinical trials. Depending on the entry criteria for these studies, you may be eligible to participate. They are not necessarily "the best" drugs for HIV, just the newest, and will have to be used together with drugs already available in order to be fully effective. You can call 1(800)TRIALS-A for information about studies which may be in your area.

neuropathy...doctors in Houston w/ no answers; please help
Ear ringing