Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Same symptons......

After reading the question from the person from houston, I can also say that I experience the very same symptoms as a result of taking the same drugs. I have been tested for diabetes, I have not B-12 deficiency, and have been tested for thyroid disease. I have the same numbness and coldness in my hand and feet. My doctor also believes it not drug related. Any comments?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

These symptoms sound like peripheral neuropathy. This can be due to certain medications,like ddI and d4T,but it can also be due to HIV itself. The way to narrow down what the cause is is to stop taking any of the drugs associated with this problem and see if your symptoms get better.

NEUROPATHY ONSET
Neuropathy