Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Hearing Loss (conductive) and Nerve Damage

Diagnosed HiV + 8 yrs ago. On Combivir alone. T-cell & viral good--undetectable for 3 yrs now. PROBLEM: Neuropathy in right leg for 2 yrs. NOW, I have Conductive hearing loss. An ABR (neurotransmitter test) shows no tumors. ENT Doc is stumped. Doc found no info in Med books on wether it's related to Combivir and/or HiV. Any info? Any cases?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I know of no connection between Combivir (AZT+3TC) and the problems you are experiencing. One-sided neuropathy and conductive hearing loss are probably due to something besides HIV or treatment for HIV. I suggest you consult a neurologist.

Combivir and Nerve Problems