Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

MY PML EXPERIENCE

I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH PML IN 3/99 AND BEGAN HART THERAPY IN4/99ATTHAT TIME MY T-CELLS WERE 14 AND MY VIRAL LOAD WAS 400,000. MY VIRAL LOAD IS NOW UNDETECTABLE AND MY T-CELLS ARE 90 MY LAST MRI SHOWED A SIGNIFIGANT DECREASE IN LESION. I AM ALLSO ON AN OPEN LABEL STUDY OF CIDFOVIR SINCE 7/99. MY LEFT SIDE IS GETTING STRONGER, BUT SLOWLY. I ALS HAD SEVERE TREMORS, BUT THEY ARE BEING CONTROLLED WITH IINDERAL120MG OD. MY QUESTIOON IS DO YOU THINK MY PROOGRESS IS DUE TO BOTH TREATMENTS. AND HAVE YOU SEEN PEOPLE GAIN FULL USE OF THEIR WEAKENED LIMBS

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It is hard to fully sort out which aspect of your treatment has contributed the most. Some people get better with HAART alone. I have seen some patients regain their strength so that they can function normally. Don't give up hope and keep trying. Are you getting physical therapy to increase your strength?

PML AND PHYSICAL THERAPY
HIV & ALS