Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

pml & physical therapy

I am suffering from pml. i was diagnosed in april of 99. i began cidofovir treatments in july. my last mri showed a reduction in the lesions and the swelling. my viral load is less than 50, and my t-cells are 100. i take viracept, combavir, and sustiva. i just began phys. therapy a week ago. how much will this help in getting me back on my feet? russell

Response from Dr. Feinberg

In general, physical therapy should help you regain strength and flexibility. How much benefit you actually will get is also influenced by where the remaining lesions are and whether they continue to decrease in size. It certainly seems worth a try.

signs of pml
PML AND PHYSICAL THERAPY