Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

NeuroAIDS

Me again, I have been to the eye Dr. he is the one who did complete eye exam and visual field tests and diagnosed "Visual field deficit" after extensive exams. No sign of retinal damage or CMV. He feels it is from the brain damage that shows on SPECT scan (done in Jan), MRI & CAT scan normal in November, December. I hope I answered your questions.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Thanks, you did. I don't know what your primary HIV provider has in mind, but anyone with visual field deficits that have their origin in the brain needs to be seen by a specialist. Lymphomas of the brain may appear on SPECT scan when the CAT & MRI scans are negative. I suggest you see an AIDS-experienced neurologist. If it is felt that this could indeed represent a lymphoma, you could be referred for treatment of a presumed lymphoma, which usually consists of radiation therapy, or if a brain biopsy is possible, your doctors may want to confirm the diagnosis first. Good luck!

deteriorating skin
NeuroAIDS