Jan 11, 1999
hi, i watched the movie "Gia" about the model in the 70's that contracted HIV. Just prior to her death, she began to bleed and they said that the skin on her back had deteriorated. When they lifted her, it just ripped apart. Is this true? Was it a very advanced form of the skin cancer? What causes it? Thank you
Response from Dr. Currier
I suspect what they were portraying is a severe form of bedsores that can occur if someone is bedridden without proper care. This is something tha is not specific to HIV, but can happen when people do not have th proper skin care when bedridden.I do not think it was likely to be a skin cancer- but I never saw the movie.
How do I get help for a friend in the Phlippines
- Odds Of Getting AIDS Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Before Symptoms Of Std Show Up?
- How Long Do You Have To Wait To Have Sex After Using Premarin Vaginal Cream?
- What Does A Lot Of Clear Vaginal Discharge Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.