Mar 1, 1999
WHAT IS AN OPPORTUNISTIC INFECTION?
Response from Dr. Currier
The term opportunistic infection is used to describe infections that occur in people who have deficiencies in their immune system- it is opportunistic because these infections take advantage of the "defect" in the host.
How do I get help for a friend in the Phlippines
- List Of Opportunistic Infections
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.