Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

reaction to comb therapy - pancreatitis

I recently was hospitalized for 3 weeks after a severe reaction to nevirapine, stavudine, & Videx. My internist here in Amsterdam wants to put me on another combination of Abacavir, Efavirenz,and Lamivudine. I would like a 2nd opinion if this is a good option as I am very worried about other potential severe side effects. Are there any known adverse reactions to the pancreas with these 3 medications??. Any information you may have on this subject would be a great help. Thank you in advance.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Your doctor's suggested alternative therapy is unlikely to cause pancreatitis, although all medicines (including all HIV medicines) have potential side effects that you need to be informed about. Luckily, these 3 are not associated with pancreatitis, unlike some of your previous drugs.

have tried almost all of the drugs in all of the classes
Off the meds now and having problems