|Acute Hepatic Failure complicated with AIDS
Dec 24, 1999
What is Acute Hepatic Failure complicated with AIDS, how does it harm the liver and does it take a long time to occur?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
"Acute hepatic failure" simply means that something has recently damaged the liver severely so that it is not functioning normally. Many things can do this: infections, very low blood pressure, exposure to toxins like poisonous mushrooms or certain chemicals, etc etc. AIDS by itself is not usually associated with acute hepatic failure-- another cause should be sought aggressively. "Acute" means recent, sudden-- so there is no simple answer to how long it takes, but usually this is on the order of days to weeks, rather than months to years.
Lymph Node Swelling
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.