Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Hep B Vaccination

Dr. Feinberg, could you please tell me who or why does one need a hep B vaccination? I asked my doctor and I was told that I didn't need it. His reply -- you are on meds and that is enough.

But he is also the head of the AIDS department in the hospital where I go and guards his budget. Every time I ask about additional testing he thinks it is not necessary. I would go private if you think it is wise to have this vaccination. thanks

Response from Dr. Feinberg

In order to know whether you would benefit from the hepatitis B vaccine, you need to know whether your blood tests indicate that you have already been infected or not. If you are negative for hep B, then I think vaccination is entirely appropriate.

Am tired of getting asked are you sick
Immunity to Hepatitis B