May 3, 2000
My brother has had HIV for 11 years and in the last three years has developed lipodystrophy. Is there currently any treatment for this condition? Is it true that the protease inhibitors are a contributing factor in this condition? Is there any regimen to reverse this opportunistic infection?
Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Please see the answer I just gave to "loss of breast tissue".
Loss of breast tissue and muscle mass
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Tattoo?
- Can Someone Get AIDS From Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can You Contract HIV From Smoking After Someone?
- Do People Get HIV From Scratching Someone?
- HIV Infection Risk Getting A Tattoo
- Vaginal Fluid How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.