Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Kaposi's Sarcoma

I am a Case Manager for an ASO in Florida and I have a client who has developed skin lesions and we think it may be

K.S. What are the treatment options for Kaposi's Sarcoma?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

The options are many and in part depend on where the lesion is located and whether it causes physical discomfort or embarassment because it is recognizable. The first step is for your client to have a biopsy to confirm the diagnosis. The choices range from topical gels to locally injected drugs to systemic chemotherapy to local irradiation to nothing, and can be discussed at length with a dermatologist experienced in treating KS or with an HIV specialist.

AIDS with KS and FSGS with NS
Panretin Treatment for chronic KS