Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Paranoid or Early signs
Mar 1, 1999

I recently had a bad experience where I went out while on a business trip and overdrank while out with some associates. I blacked out and remember ending up in my hotel with a prostitute. I remember wearing a condom and the act didn't last long due to my condition. I remeber washing myself with a towel but did not shower till the next morning. I noticed a small scabbing scratch in my index finger the next morning. I was sick from the drinking and jetlag for a few days. I have gone in to get an AIDS test and I am currently awaiting the results. My stomach was a disaster for about 5 days, I had diarrea two mornings (day 6 & 7) in a row but none after. I have been urinating very frequently, feeling more tired then usual (on and off), and my testicles have been aching . I'm not sure if my limph glands are swollen, they feel bigger than usual. All of this within 10 days of the encounter.

Will the AIDS virus act this quickly, or is this my nerves/some other problem?

I haven't had a drink since, God help me and my familly I've never done anything so stupid before. Pray for me and my familly.

Response from Dr. Currier

You took the first step by gettng the test. Your symptoms are hard to interpert as you say they could be nerves. I hope you get your results soon. If you have not seen your doctor you should do this as well.

-JC

Previous
KS during seroconversion?
Next
Aseptic meningitis??

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.