Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Just a thank you.

This is just a thank you to you and Rick Sowadsky for your help over a year ago. I wrote Mr. Sowadsky that I was certain that I was infected with HIV because I had soaking night sweats and AVS type syptoms and wrote to you about having a ring shaped rash on my back. Both your responses (espescially Mr. Sowadsky's) helped me to hang on and not do something stupid.

I home tested at about 9 months and it was negative! I still have a problem with some kind of plaque/growth on my tongue but I'll ask my new doctor about it this month. Overall my health has been really good.

You both saved my life. Thanks so very much.

P.S. KEEP TELLING PEOPLE THAT NO MATTER WHAT THEY READ ELSEWHERE, THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL IF YOU HAVE BEEN HIV INFECTED WITHOUT TESTING!!! (EVEN SOAKING NIGHT SWEATS).

Response from Dr. Currier

Thanks- it is good to hear that you are doing well- you said it best about testing.

-JC

my opportunistic infection which is 99.9999999999% hiv
Zoster?