|SWITCH treatment for fungal infection?
Jul 17, 2001
HI, I have been undetectable viral load for years.(on Zerit, Videx, Viracept) But all my nails are more or less infected with a fungus. I tried Sporanox, to no avail. Any idea how I could improve the situation? Thanking you
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Itraconazole (Sporanox) may not have worked well because of a drug interaction with the nelfinavir (Viracept). Alternatives include a new medication, terbenafine (Lamisil), or an old one called griseofulvin. Both need to be taken for a long time, just like the itraconazole.
chronic hepatitis C
Oral Thrush and Party Drugs?
- Itchy Skin After Anal Sex Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Long Before Symptoms Of Std Show Up?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.