Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Dear Dr. Have you ever heard of any CMV complications causing pain in the chest, difficuly in breathing, shortness of breath, and feeling faint. I have friend who is a tanspant patient, who contracted CMV by this means. He has been to 8 different Drs. who cannot explain his symptoms. Than you. In Texas...

Response from Dr. Feinberg

CMV can cause a lung infection referred to as CMV pneumonitis. It could cause the symptoms you describe. This is, unfortunately, a common complication after transplantation, and treatment is available. I hope your friend is getting treated, as this can be a life-threatening infection.

exposure to shingles and HIV?
Re: Is it REALLY an allergy?