The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please Help!
Jan 21, 2000

Hi Dr! I have oral sex with a girl four months ago. Two weeks after I have sex, I got a flu like symtom and headache, then two weeks later I have rash in my body, The rash still last until now (It lasts nearly three month I am still feel itchy for the last three months) I always feel tired during that time. I can't sleep for nearly three month (only two hours to three hours a day) I took alot of sleeping pill but I still can't sleep, my memory lost, my vision decrease form 1 to 1.75. Three and half month after I have sex I took a HIV test and the result is negative. I am very surprise about the result. but I still worry about it. I asked the doctor he said my memory lost, and my vision decrease because of my stress that make me sleepless. But I don't know why the rash still appear on my body. Is that a symtom of stress. Can stress make the rash and It can last for more than three months ( I have never have the rash that last for that long). The doctor said I am free of HIV now? Is that true?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

If you took the test more than 3 months later, it is probably true that you are HIV-negative. If you have had no other possible exposures to HIV since then, you can be 100% confident if you take another HIV test at 6 months and it's still negative. The rash has been there a long time-- did you have a syphilis test too? If that is negative,then think about seeing a skin doctor.

will antibiotics taken 1 week before the Elisa give false negative

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint