Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Numbness

Hi Doc

I had a possible medical exposure to HIV about one year ago. Serial testing by Elisa for HIV 1&2 negative for nine months after the possible exposure. There were multiple symptoms initially but they all faded away except some sores in the mouth and numbness in the hands on waking up in the morning. Also the same numbness is affecting my wife. Do these symptoms have any connection to HIV?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Your symptoms are unlikely to be related to HIV, but if you're anxious you can certainly get retested. You may be sleeping in a way that presses on a nerve,or you could have neck arthritis (your wife,too) that explains the numbness.

Many things cause mouth sores including vitamin deficiencies.

candidiasis and pimples
Please Help!