Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

skin infection

Just wanted to say what you're doing here is great. And I have a question: I have recently diagnosed with ringworm (tinea) on my body. It started out as small rash that I never got looked at, and over the past few months it has spread to the point that I need an oral antibiotic for it. It has just been brought to my attention that skin infections are a sign of HIV infection. While I haven't had unprotected sex, I have participated in somewhat risky behaviors. My question I guess would be is ringworm a sign of early HIV infection? I plan on getting tested soon, but I'm very anxious about my skin infection. Thanks a lot!

Response from Dr. Feinberg

HIV+s are prone to skin problems, but lots of HIV-s have skin problems, too. Tinea is not the same thing as ringworm, and neither is a sign of early HIV infection. But if you're concerned about your HIV status, then by all means get tested.

Lichen Plaques and Candid but HIV Negative
how many hours did symptoms turn out ?