Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Type N HIV

I Have read about a new strain of hiv that was found in Africa by French scientist that cannot be detected by current Lad test, is this true? And since I have been experiencing a lot of Hiv symptoms and have test negative for almost a year, could this include me? Thanks for your time

Response from Dr. Feinberg

There is a new strain that was isolated from a man from the Cameroons. The likelihood that you have such a strain without having travelled to that part of Africa and having had significant possible exposure to HIV there from blood contact or sex is pretty remote. If your HIV tests have been repeatedly negative and you're practicing safe sex, etc, you have no reason to be worried about this.

Soft Skin Syndrome
Question on Risk of Acquiring through Close Contact