Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Despite test results

Due to the fact that I haven't tested positive for hiv after 6 months, what would be the likelyhood that I could of contracted hiv2; because of the obvious symptoms that I still manifest? What is the rate of hiv2 infection in the United states and is their a web link I could access that would cover statistics like that? I am deeply frustrated! Thanks for your time!

Response from Dr. Feinberg

HIV-2 is unusual in the U.S. but has been seen in certain subgroups, like injection drug users in New Orleans. The standard HIV test should cover both HIV-1 & 2. Because HIV has a large range of associated symptoms, many other illnesses can look similar to HIV. If you have tested negative repeatedly and have practiced safe sex (or abstained) between tests and are not sharing needles, you need to stop worrying and get on with your life. If your behavior puts you at risk for HIV, then get a grip and change your behavior, and then stop worrying.

Eye infection
Sex with a call girl