Feb 14, 2000
Hi. I've developed a strange red wrinkly appearance on both of my eyelids and occasionally a miniscule white discharge from the corners of my eyes. Also my thyroid glands are slightly up and I feel slightly nauseous. Could these be symptoms of HIV infection? I'm too scared to get tested.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
These don't sound like the typical symptoms but acute (recent) HIV infection can manifest itself in unusual ways. If you have any risks for HIV (and anyone who is sexually active is theoretically at risk), do yourself a favor and get tested. Then, behave yourself and stop worrying.
possibility of infection
Despite test results
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- Difference Between Active And Inactive Hepatitis C
- Semen Enters Eye Can I Contract Hiv Infection
- Can Thrush Live On Your Toothbrush?
- How Long Can A Person Be Infected With Hiv Before Showing Signs Of Infection?
- Can You Still Have Children If You're Hiv Positive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.