Feb 14, 2000
Hi. I've developed a strange red wrinkly appearance on both of my eyelids and occasionally a miniscule white discharge from the corners of my eyes. Also my thyroid glands are slightly up and I feel slightly nauseous. Could these be symptoms of HIV infection? I'm too scared to get tested.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
These don't sound like the typical symptoms but acute (recent) HIV infection can manifest itself in unusual ways. If you have any risks for HIV (and anyone who is sexually active is theoretically at risk), do yourself a favor and get tested. Then, behave yourself and stop worrying.
possibility of infection
Despite test results
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Chills After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Hep C Cause High Blood Pressure?
- Will Douching Get Rid Of This Brown Vaginal Discharge Causes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.