Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

SHOULD I WORRY ABOUT AN EXPOSURE IN 1984

THANK YOU FOR TAKING MY QUESTION. ABOUT 16 OR 17 YEARS AGO I HAD UNPROTECTED SEX WITH A PROSTITUTE AND I AM WORRIED THAT I MIGHT BE INFECTED WITH HIV. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TESTED AND HAVE HAD NO SYMPTOMS. WHAT DO YOU THINK THE POSSIBILITY OF BEING POSITIVE. I HAVE BEEN MARRIED AND COMPLETELY FAITHFUL TO THE SAME WOMEN FOR THE PAST 10 YEARS. I AM SCHEDULED TO BE TESTED FOR A LIFE INSURANCE POLICY AND I AM TERRIFIED. THANK YOU

Response from Dr. Feinberg

The odds that you are infected are infinitesimally small. You can get tested at an anonymous test site first if you are worried about the insurance exam.

Unprotected Gay Sex One Week Ago
Note to Judith from Joel Gallant