Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

RS and time length

I have had this thing on my arm for about a year.. It looks like 6 little bruises but they are not that dark. They haven't changed in about a year.. How long does it normally take for RS to become full blown? Could this be RS after this long..

Response from Dr. Squires

You don't say whether you are HIV+ or not, and I'm guessing that by "RS" you mean "KS" for Kaposi sarcoma, a kind of cancer that HIV+s get. KS may be stable for a while or may grow in size and number rapidly, depending on how your immune system is doing if you're HIV+. If you're concerned about having KS, you should see a dermatologist and get a skin biopsy.

Hyperkeratosis, - HIV Negative
Rhinitis and mucus? HIV symptom