Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Am I at great risk?

I wanted to know how great of a risk someone can be if they got blood/semen or any bodily fluids in nicks. Your answer is sure to ease me. I haven't been able to sleep, eat, concentrate or do any tasks during the day just because of this.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

If you had a break in your skin (a nick) and then were exposed to HIV-infected material, there is a small but real risk of contracting HIV infection. Get an HIV test right away (you don't say how long ago this may have happened), and then get repeat tests at 2-3 and 6 months. If these are all negative and you have no more risk exposures in the meantime, then you are not infected.

Your opinion please
Acute hepatitis-B infection as possible seroconversion