|coating on top back of tongue
Mar 1, 2000
I'm a 43 year old male and have a white coating towards the back top of my tongue, sore throat and the sensation of something being stuck in my throat. A coworker (local national) had developed very much the same symptoms around the same time. I work in the Middle East where sanitary conditions and the area cause many chances of infection. I am a heavy smoker and do drink on occasions. Don't believe I have been exposed to HIV.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It sounds like you have pharyngitis, which can be due to various bacteria or yeast. See a physician who may be able to tell more by the way it looks, and can certainly do a throat culture. HIV- as well as HIV+ people get pharyngitis.
Swollen Glands/Rash due to Hepatitis or HIV?
Blisters on the back of my tongue and red veined throat
- Coated Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can Genital Warts Cause Burning And Irritation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.