Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HIV negative, but recurring toxoplasmosis
Mar 1, 2000

I keep having toxplasmosis come back several times. I have been tested and re-tested for HIV and I'm HIV negative. The doctors tell me they don't understand why it keeps reoccurring and I don't know what to do. I have several lesions on both eyes and one in the right side of the brain. I have recently also developed problem with circulation and small things like getting a cold have me in the hospital within a week due to complications. Today I was just released from ICU, because my airway swelled almost completely shut and they could not keep the air way open. The doctors said that for some reason my body wasn't reacting to the medication like it usually does, but they didn't know why. I am lost and don't know what else to do. I want to try to live a normal life. Please if you can give me some ideas of what I can do to help myself and my doctors come up with an answer. I don't smoke, drink, or use any kind of recreational drugs. I take vitamins and try to exercise, I use relaxation methods to keep stress down. Nothing has helped. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Response from Dr. Feinberg

You may have a more subtle immune deficiency than HIV/AIDS. Have you seen an immunologist experienced in immune deficiency diseases? Recurrent toxo without HIV is unusual, and you should be checked further for other underlying problems.

Previous
ring in ears
Next
Swollen Glands/Rash due to Hepatitis or HIV?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.