Mar 5, 2000
I had sex with a female using a latex condom, no penis/vaginal contact was made. Three days later I went to get tested for Hiv. My results came back Indeterminate.
What is my risk, could I have been infected by her?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
No -- 3 days is too short a time for seroconversion. You may have been in the process of seroconverting when you had sex with her, or it could be a false-positive test.
- Hpv During Window Period
- Itchy Skin Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Burning Red Spots After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Protected Anal Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.