Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Wart and Rash?

Doctor

Is the rash associated with HIV or the itchy red bump a sign of seroconversion?If one gets tested after the AVS symptoms and the test is negative what does that mean?

I had a risky exposure about a month back(condom was used).Got tested at 22 days and was negative.At that time I had lots of itching and flaky skin.Test was negative.Now I've noticed that I have developed a small wart under my armpit.Also there are some eruptions on thighs etc similar to something like whiteheads.Its like as if I can squeeze around it and the white thing may come.Is this wart or whitehead like eruption the HIV bump? Also at places I've noticed small brownish dots appear under the skin -- something like a small birthmark.Its nothing on the skin but more of a blood clot or something inside the skin.There are 4 -5 such birthmark like things -- some point sized,some 1mm in dia(maybe) on my abdomen,one behind my neck,one on each ear and one on my forearm.What could this be? is this the itchy red rash? Please help .I can't get any correct advice on the above features here.

Thanks a lot.

Please ,Please help me!I'm very nervous and depressed.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

None of your skin problems is typical of HIV seroconversion. They sound like seborrhea or exzema (itchy, flaking), folliculitis (whiteheads), and I'm-not-sure-what (brownish dots).

That said, being HIV- at 22 days post-exposure isn't insurance enough about your HIV status. You need to be retested at 2-3 months and again at 6 months to be certain of the result.

Could you please answer me Doctor? Question about a risk..
ELISA VS. BLOOD TEST?