Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Is this an opportunistic infection??

a)

I noticed some changes in my mental and emotional state and decided to have my blood tested. The results were released and the doctor did not indicate I was infected with any dangerous illness or HIV for that matter.That was in December 1999

Psychologically,things have worsened.I have not been able to control my thoughts and they've been very combative.

My doctor did not indicate I should take a second test and told me not to worry when I went for the first time.

After reading some of the FAQs, I believe have HIV-related dementia.If I have not read wrongly, it also says that a weakened immune system has a chance of being rebuilt or in other words this condition could just be temporary. Is this true??

b)

Apart from not being able to control your thoughts, what are other apparent symptoms associated with HIV dementia??

c)

This is the most depressing part - I believe I'm delusional (I'm hearing voices telling me I have HIV!!) Is this related to HIV dementia?

I hope I'm not listing some of the more uncommon opportunistic infections??

Response from Dr. Feinberg

HIV dementia has nothing to do with being able to control one's thoughts. It sounds to me like you are suffering from schizophrenia or some related mental illness. Please see a psychiatrist as soon as possible-- there is decent therapy available for this kind of problem.

AZT?
Could you please answer me Doctor? Question about a risk..