|CMV & Floaters
Jun 29, 2000
Are floaters in one's vision a sign of CMV infection, or are floaters also caused by HIV itself.
Also how bad do the floaters get under these circumstances.
Mine are only visible when I look at a white wall.
I haven't yet been tested for HIV nor CMV. Should I be concerned about it, or could it merely be dirt particles on my eye's lens.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Floaters are just cellular debris inside the eye. Many people get them with aging, so they are not specific to CMV. Floaters are common in CMV disease because of the inflammation the infection causes, but you wouldn't get CMV disease as a result of HIV unless you had been infected with HIV for many years.
Questioning lymph nodes
cuts:how deep is your love
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Touching Skin Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Precum Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.