Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Questioning lymph nodes

Doctor,

How do swollen lymph nodes feel? Are they generally round or perhaps oblong, or do they appear as a long tendon or muscle.

Also where in the groin area, and armpit do they appear?

Would a person with HIV have them only in one area, or would they be in all three of the main areas?

I seem to have them behind my jaw, and one at the back of my skull near the top of my head?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Swollen nodes are round or oval in shape. They are deep in the armpit but closer to the surface in the groin along the area where your leg connects to your torso. There are some behind the jaw, but not on the top of the head.

Stephen Johnson syndrome
CMV & Floaters