Aug 16, 2000
Is neuropathy an opportunistic infection? I'm talking about HIV itself neuropathy not the one produced by medications. If it is an opportunistic infection would it appear early in hiv infection or a later stages? Thank you much.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It is not an OI because it is not an infection. Usually it is seen with more advanced HIV disease, but it can occur earlier.
Shingles early on?
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Sex With Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- Why Can't U Use Douche If You Have A Std?
- Can You Take Bactrim For A Sore Throat?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.