Aug 16, 2000
I just found out that my girlfriend now slept with a stranger in South America last year. I live in the US. Do I have to be worried about contracting a different strain of the virus? If so, what types of measures should I take? I heard that there are different strains of HIV. Thanks for your time!
Response from Dr. Feinberg
There are different strains of HIV. If you are concerned enough to get tested, let them know that the possible exposure happened in South America.
Candida always associated with HIV?
Negative test but something is not right.
- Anal Warts After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Std If You And Your Partner Are Virgin And Have Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.